Two weeks into the season and there have been some real studs and duds. Sadly, a few of those duds call my team home. Maurice Jones-Drew, why do I keep trusting you? Please take this week off against Seattle. There's no sense in injuring your foot any further while Seattle's D posts 130 points on you. No joke, I believe we could see Seattle's D have the highest scoring week of any fantasy defense we'll see all year. Eddie Royal, can this guy keep it up? History points to no, but he was probably some one you were targeting on the waiver wire this week.
I had the privilege of watching my fantasy team let me down in person in Atlanta this week. The only thing harder than watching Matt Ryan (your opponent) put up numbers is watching Tony Gonzalez (your TE) contribute to hardly any of it. At least the people in Atlanta were rather friendly and I got to see a whale shark. (We'll hide that away as a stock photo to counter the next time Kyle does the 7:37 puppy on Twitter) Rankings for week 3 after the jump.
1. Peyton Manning DEN OAK -This game will be an absolute beat down.
2. Drew Brees NO ARZ
3. Aaron Rodgers GB CIN -Don't love the matchup...but it's Aaron Rodgers.
4. Matthew Stafford DET WSH
5. Michael Vick PHI KC -Retains the 5-spot this week. Eagles offense averaging 33 PPG.
6. Colin Kaepernick SF IND
7. Matt Ryan ATL MIA -Went off against my team in week 2, so due for a quiet week.
8. Russell Wilson SEA JAX -It's the Jaguars. Wilson will have a career day.
9. Tom Brady NE TB -50% chance Gronk plays in this game.
10. Robert Griffin III WSH DET -Not looking great, but gets a lot of points during junk time.
11. Tony Romo DAL STL
12. Alex Smith KC PHI -Believe me, don't want him this high, but Philly's defense...it just isn't that good.
1. Adrian Peterson MIN CLE
2. Marshawn Lynch SEA JAX -Once the Seahawks are up 49-0 at the half he can just run all of the second half.
3. Jamaal Charles KC PHI -Had to make Charles/McCoy a tie for 3. Tomorrow night will be a great matchup, make no mistake. I'm excited to watch.
3. LeSean McCoy PHI KC
5. Doug Martin TB NE
6. Alfred Morris WSH DET
7. C.J. Spiller BUF NYJ
8. C.J. Spiller BUF CAR
9. Matt Forte CHI PIT
10. Arian Foster HOU BAL
11. Trent Richardson IND SF -Can acclimate to Indy this fast? I'm hoping he'll be out to prove something to his new team.
12. Frank Gore SF IND -I see a bounce-back week here.
1. Calvin Johnson DET WSH
2. Dez Bryant DAL STL
3. A.J. Green CIN GB
4. Demaryius Thomas DEN OAK
5. Julio Jones ATL MIA -He isn't as injured as the Falcons let on last week.
6. DeSean Jacksin PHI KC -Having a great year, don't see it stopping soon.
7. Brandon Marshall CHI CHI
8. Victor Cruz NYG CAR
9. Vincent Jackson TB NE
10. Randall Cobb GB CIN
11. Andre Johnson HOU BAL
12. Larry Fitzgerald ARZ NO
13. Wes Welker DEN OAK
14. Jordy Nelson DEN CIN
15. Pierre Garcon WSH DET
16. Marques Colston NO ARZ
17. Anquan Boldin SF IND -Hoping to see Week 1 Boldin, not Week 2 Boldin.
18. Hakeem Nicks NYG CAR
19. Steve Smith CAR NYG
20. Dwayne Bowe KC PHI
1. Jimmy Graham NO ARZ
2. Jason Witten DAL STL
3. Tony Gonzalez ATL MIA
4. Rob Gronkowski NE TB -Brady is desperate to have him back. Pay attention though, if he doesn't play, have a reliable backup ready.
5. Vernon Davis SF IND
6. Owen Daniels HOU BAL
7. Jared Cook STL DAL -Not jumping off the bandwagon yet.
8. Jordan Cameron CLE MIN -A little weary on this guy since there's a backup QB in and Josh Gordon is back.
9. Antonio Gates SD TEN -Looking good again now that old Philip Rivers seems to be back.
10. Greg Olsen CAR NYG
1. Seattle Seahawks JAX -Said it earlier, I think the over/under for points is 130.
2. Chicago Bears PIT -Pittsburgh's offense is atrocious.
3. Denver Broncos OAK -Oakland's offense is slightly less atrocious.....slightly.
4. New England Patriots TB
5. San Francisco 49ers NE
6. Houston Texans BAL
7. Pittsburgh Steelers CHI -Pittsburgh is basically reliant on their D at this point.
8. Baltimore Ravens HOU
9. Buffalo Bills NYJ
10. Cleveland Browns MIN
11. Cincinnati Bengals GB
12. Dallas Cowboys STL
1. Greg Zeurlein STL
-My obsession will continue. He may have had an average week last week, but I watched him kick a 92-yarder during the pre-game. (Okay, that may be a bit of a stretch) I'm not going to lay off Greg the Leg though until another kicker gives me a damn good reason to.
*For the record, I'm basing these off a 0.5 PPR format. Feel free to sound off in the comments about how awesome and/or moronic these are. Good luck in Week 3.
By: Ben Lebo
Follow us on Twitter: @BroadStBeat